Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
The Helbraun Law Firm represents individuals in state and federal actions to secure rights guaranteed under the California and U.S. Constitutions. David Helbraun specializes in police brutality cases, and has successfully tried such cases to unanimous jury verdict for the plaintiff in the United States District Court. The firm also specializes in discrimination cases, including gay rights and transgender rights.Articles
- Police conduct toward black people has been a fraught issue in Milwaukee. The city's mayor said: 'As a human being, I am offended by what I saw.'
- ‘Testilying’ by Police: A Stubborn Problem
- New York Detective Guilty of Lying About Drug Arrest
- Baltimore Drops Dozens of Cases After Video Casts Doubt on Officers
- D.C. Circuit Judge Gives Advice on How to Talk to Police
- Basic Outline of Fourth Amendment Search and Seizure Rules
- Figure - Basic Outline of Fourth Amendment Search and Seizure Rules
- Basic Guide to Immunity for Government Officials
- Legal Rules Governing the Degree of Force Used in an Arrest
- What is “Qualified Immunity,” and How Does it Work?
- Asking Sandra Bland to Get Out of Her Car was Legal. What Happened Next Likely was not
- Stun Guns Approved for Police Next Year
- Understanding the Psychology of Police Misconduct
- Federal Judges Often let Bad Cops Slide